Thursday, August 30, 2012

Messages of Our Lady of Lourdes

The apparitions and messages of Our Lady of Lourdes took place in 1858 to Saint Bernadette Soubirous, aged 14. Her family was very poor and went hungry. They lived in a dungeon full of moisture and mold, because they had not home. Saint Bernadette was a very simple and humble girl. She did not know to speak French correctly, only a dialect of that region. The apparitions took place in the grotto of Massabielle, near of the river Gave, always the morning at 6 or 7 o'clock and during the Rosary. See all the apparitions and messages of Lourdes reported by Saint Bernadette Soubirous: 

First apparition, February 11, 1858: Saint Bernadette says, "The first time I went to the grotto, was Thursday, February 11. I went to gather dry twigs with two other young girls. My two friends crossed the river Gave and cryed and told me that the water was cold. So, I went to front of the grotto and started to take off my shoes. I took the first sock and I heard a sound like wind. I saw that the trees did not move and I continued to take off my shoes. I heard again the same sound. I looked at the cave and saw a Lady dressed in white. She had a white dress, a white veil, a blue ribbon at the waist and a golden rose on each foot, the color of the string of his Rosary. The Lady took the Rosary that held in her hands and done the Sign of the Cross. My hands was shaking. I done the Sign of the Cross and the great fear disappeared and I felt calm. I knelt and prayed the Rosary seeing this beautiful Lady. She spent her Rosary in her Hands, but she did not move her lips. When I finished my Rosary, she motioned with her finger so that I get close to, but not tried. Then, she suddenly disappeared. 

Second apparition, February 14, 1858: Saint Bernadette says, "The second time was the following Sunday. I went to the parish to take a bottle of holy water to sprinkle in vision. And we went to the grotto. There, each of us took the Rosary and knelt to pray. I just finished the first decade and saw the same Lady. So, I started to sprinkle on her saying: if you come from God, remain. If not, go away. She began to smile and lean. The more water I played, the more she smiled and turned her head. When I finished my Rosary, she disappeared and told me nothing." 

Third apparition, February 18, 1858: Saint Bernadette says, "I went there with some important people who advised me to get paper and ink and ask the Lady that, if she had something to say, to write this. There, I began to recite the Rosary. After praying the first decade, I saw the same Lady. I done this request to her. She smiled and said: "This is not necessary. Do you want to have the kindness to come here during fifteen days?" I replied: “Yes, I promise." She said: "I do not promise to became you happy in this world, but in the other." 

Fourth apparition, February 19, 1858: Our Lady said nothing, just smiled. Bernadette had a alight candle in her hand. 

Fifth apparition, February 20, 1858: Saint Bernadette says, "She teached me, word for word, a prayer only for me." After this apparition, a great sadness invaded Bernadette. Saint Bernadette prayed this prayer every day of your life and never revealed to anyone. 

Sixth apparition, February 21, 1858: Saint Bernadette says, "This merciful Queen also told me, ‘Pray for the conversion of sinners.’ She repeated these words several times." 

Seventh apparition, February 23, 1858: Saint Bernadette says, "She told me three secrets and forbade me to tell anyone. They are only about me. They are not about the Church, nor about France, nor about the Pope." Bernadette never revealed these secrets. 

Eighth apparition, February 24, 1858: Our Lady appeared sad and Saint Bernadette cried. The girl knelt at the grotto and kissed the floor. She was very sad and sobbing, said the message of Our Lady, "Penance, penance, penance! Pray to God for the conversion of sinners. Kiss the earth as an act of penance for sinners."

Ninth apparition, February 25, 1858: Saint Bernadette says, "The lady told me, ‘Go to the source, drink water and wash in this.’ But how I did not see, I was to drink at the Gave. She motioned with his finger to go to the cave, showing me the source. I went, but I only saw a bit of dirty water. This was mud and was very dirty. I dug the earth and could drink. The Lady told me: ‘Eat the grass of the same place.’ Saint Bernadette drank the dirty water, ate grass and her face was full of mud. The people was impressed and many thought that the seer was crazy. Water began to flow more clear in the source. This water flows to date and healed so many sick people. 

Tenth apparition, February 27, 1858: Our Lady said nothing. For 15 minutes, Saint Bernadette walked on her knees and kissed the earth several times and invited those present to do the same.

Eleventh apparition, February 28, 1858: Saint Bernadette prayed the Rosary and kissed the earth again. Many of those present done the same. 

Twelfth apparition, March 1, 1858: Our Lady smiles and remains silent. 

Thirteenth apparition, March 2, 1858: The beautiful Lady said, "Go to tell the priests to come here in procession and to build a chapel."  

Fourteenth apparition, March 3, 1858: Saint Bernadette says, "I said to her what was his name. But she just smiled." 

Fifteenth apparition, March 4, 1858: The 15 days of apparitions ended today. Our Lady also said nothing. Bernadette said: "Yes, she will return. But now, I don’t need go to the grotto. When she returns, then I will know." 

Sixteenth apparition, March 25, 1858: Saint Bernadette awoke with a strong desire to go to the grotto and said, "After the fifteen days, I asked her name again, for three times. She always smiled. So, I tryed a fourth time. Then, she looked up to sky, joined her Hands at chest and said, "I am the Immaculate Conception." These were the last words that I heard from her. She had blue eyes." 

Seventeenth apparition, April 7, 1858: The apparition lasted 15 minutes. Our Lady said nothing. During the apparition, Bernadette was holding a lighted candle and touched in the flame without realizing it, remaining insensitive. And miraculously, she had no burning. 

Eighteenth apparition, July 16, 1858, day of Our Lady of Mount Carmel: The grotto was barricaded with a wooden fence, by order of the authorities. Bernadette had the apparition with her aunt and some friends on the other side of the river Gave, before the grotto. She said, "I did not see the fence nor the Gave. I felt I was in the cave, at the same distance the other times. I only saw the Virgin. I never saw her so beautiful!" In this last apparition, Our Lady also said nothing. She just looked and smiled lovingly at the poor girl. Saint Bernadette said, "My Lady is beautiful, so beautiful and who has not similar. She is so beautiful that, if you see one time, you want to die to see again. She is so beautiful that when you see, you can not love none earthly thing."