Thursday, August 30, 2012

Apparitions of Jesus to Saint Marguerite Alacoque

Messages of Jesus to Saint Marguerite Alacoque (1647-1690): 

First apparition, 1673: “See my will to be loved by men and to snatch them from the path of perdition onto which Satan was driving them in throngs. Therefore, i want to show Heart to men with all the treasures of love, mercy, graces, sanctification and salvation. I feel a great joy when this Heart is honored under the form of Heart of flesh. I want that this image be exposed to touch the insensible heart os people. Everywhere this image was exposed to be honored, it will attract all graces and blessings. This devotion is the final effort of my love to lead the men to the redemption and to retire them from the control of Satan and to stablish my love in hearts. My Divine Heart is so inflamed with love for men and being unable any longer to contain within Itself the flames of Its burning charity, It needs to spread them abroad by thy means, and manifest itself to them in order to enrich them with the precious treasures.” 

Secon apparition, 1674: “Look at the inexplicable wonders of my pure love which I loved men. But I receive from most of them, just forgetfulness and ingratitude... It makes me suffer much, much more than all that I suffered in my Passion... If they rewarded me with a little love... Look how much I did for them! And I would like to do more. But they have just coldness and rebuffs all this my desire to do them good."

Third apparition, 1975: “Behold this Heart which so loved Humanity. It has spared nothing, even to the point of spending itself and being consumed to prove its love to them. And in return, I receive from most men only ingratitude because of their irreverence and sacrileges and the coldness and scorn they have for me in this Sacrament of love. But what offends me most is that hearts consecrated to me act in this way. Do thou at least console me by supplying for their ingratitude, as far as thou art able.”