Thursday, August 30, 2012

Apparitions of Jesus to Saint Gemma Galgani

Saint Gemma Galgani (1878-1903), had many apparitions of Jesus:

Jesus showed her His five open Wounds and told: "Look, my child, and learn how to love. Look at this Cross, these thorns, these nails, these livid marks and lacerations. These Wounds are all works of love, of infinite love. See to what extent I have loved you." 

"Love Me as much as you can, and I will give you all that you desire. Love Me will all your heart, and I shall forgive you of all your sins." 

"Do you know, daughter, for what reason I send crosses to souls dear to me? I desire to possess their souls, entirely, and for this I surround them with crosses, and I enclose them in tribulation, that they may not escape from my Hands. And for this I scatter thorns, that souls may fasten their affections upon no one, but find all content in Me alone. My daughter, if you do not feel the cross it cannot be called a cross. Be sure that under the cross you will not be lost. The demon has no strength against those souls who for my love groan under the cross. Oh my daughter, how many would have abandoned Me if they had not been crucified. The cross is a gift too precious, and from it come many virtues." 

"I have sent this cross to you, you do not appreciate it; rather it is contrary to your desire, but the more it is contrary, the more it is like Mine. Would it not seem to you a dreadful thing to see a father in the midst of sorrow and the children enjoying themselves? When I shall be your spouse of Blood, I will come to you, but crucified. Show your love to me as I have shown it toward you, and do you know how? By suffering, pains, and crosses without number. You ought, therefore, to consider yourself honored, if I lead you on paths hard and painful. If I permit that you be tormented by the demon, that the world despise you, that persons most dear to you afflict you, and with daily martyrdom, I permit your soul to be purified and tested. And you, daughter, think only of practicing great virtue; run in the path of the Divine Will, humbled, assured, that if I hold you to the Cross, I love you." 

"What malice and ingratitude there is in the world! Sinners continue to live in their crimes. Weak and heartless souls will not sacrifice to overcome the flesh. Those in tribulation lose courage. Despair and indifference keeps increasing daily and no one makes amends. I cease not to dispense heavenly graces and favors to all my creatures, life and light to my Church, virtue and strength to him who rules it, wisdom to those who direct souls in darkness, perseverance and fortitude to those who choose to follow Me. Graces of every kind to all the just. I send my light into the dark dens of sinners to soften their hearts, doing all that I can to convert them. But, notwithstanding all that, what little do I gain? What little correspondence do I find in my creatures whom I have loved so much? No one any longer cares for my Heart and for my love. I am forgotten as though I had never loved them, and as though I had never suffered for them. My Heart is always in sadness! I am left almost alone in my churches. Many, through hypocrisy, betray me by sacrilegious Communions. I can bear no more." 

"My child, I have need of victims and very strong victims! In order to appease the just wrath of my Divine Father I need souls who by their sufferings, tribulations and difficulties make amends for sinners and their ingratitude. Oh, that I could make all understand how angered my Heavenly Father is because of this impious world! There is nothing to stay His Hand and He is now preparing a great chastisement for all the world.” 

"If it is true that you love Me so much as you say, I want you to bear my Image impressed upon you. Look at Me! You will see Me illtreated, despised by everybody, dead on a Cross. And I invite you also to die on a Cross for me.”